The on going evolution in the World Wide Web and the mobile industries have changed our lifestyle significantly. Both these revolutionary technologies started to converge and develop further with the introduction of smart phones. Today smart phones, Pocket PC’s are everywhere; creating new skyline for those equipped with right tools for their mobile devices.
We hope you found this post useful, please feel free to share your experience about any of the below applications or suggest any addition to the list in comments.
- WordPress For BlackBerry
WordPress for BlackBerry app works with most recent BlackBerry devices starting with the 8700, Pearl, Bold, and Storm. BlackBerry Device Software (OS) Version 4.2.1 is the minimum requirement.
It crack berry with WordPress API and hosted WordPress 2.5.1 or higher and WordPress MU 2.6 or higher (the hosted server software for Multi Users). It allows you to write posts, edit pages, and manage comments on your blog.
Simple PostBot is an Android application that allows posting to WordPress publications, both WordPress.com API and self-hosted.
- wpToGo Allows you to manage your WordPress blog from your Android device. Features: upload new post including title, content, tags and multiple categories with multiple WordPress accounts, upload a full size image and thumbnail, customizable thumbnail sizing, option to publish instantly or save as a draft.
iPhone & iPod Touch
- WordPress For iPhone
A good app to write posts, upload photos, edit pages, and manage comments on your blog from your iPhone or iPod Touch. It endorses both WordPress.com API and self-hosted WordPress (2.5.1 or higher).
You can use iBlogger to operate most popular blog softwares including WordPress; it works great with iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPod Touch. iBlogger allows you easily operate your blog including ability to add pictures, categories and tags.
Endorses most of the mainstream blog platforms including WordPress; Empowering useres full options of blog: Labels/tags, categories, publish date and online draft (private post). It let you easily write, edit and delete your posts and drafts for multiple blogs.
Nokia Phones (Symbian S60 Based)
- Wavelog Wavelog is a blogging mobile client developed for S60 mobile phones features: Post text, image, audio or video to a blog directly from the mobile phone using any type of available network (mobile phone or Wi-Fi network); Save draft for later editing & posting, add hyperlinks, labels/tags and external tags to your posts; Select blog category when posting, edit/delete previously published posts and configure multiple blog profiles for simple publishing to several blogs. Wavelog has been developed for and tested on Nokia N95 mobile phones. There are many other S60 R3 based mobile phones on which the same software applications may be installed and used.
Wordmobi is S60 client for WordPress written in Python for Nokia mobile phones. It allows you to manage your blog with common managments like posting, approve comment, post delete, and graphically displays comments.
Scribe let you to create, edit, and publish entries on your WordPress-powered blogging engin from anywhere, using just your mobile handset. Scribe is in early stage of development and not completely stable. it uses Python for S60, so you will need install Pythod for S60 before installing Scribe.
Microsoft Windows Mobile
- Writer for Windows Mobile
This is mobile version of one the best desktop client for bloggers, Windows Live Writer. Currently in beta it supports Windows Mobile 6, 6.1,6.5, 6.5.3 .
moBlog is a mobile blogging application for Windows Mobile 2003 and later. moBlog currently supports WordPress.com, Blogger and Live Spaces. moBlog is optimized to run on WM devices using minimum resources. It is an application that you can use in off-line mode, where you can do your writing and editing disconnected to the net. A connection is only required when you setup your blogging accounts for the first time and when you want to update your blog with the new content.
Mobile Phones With J2ME Support
MoPress is a blogging client application developed for mobile phones.It allows a mobile phone to post a content (text, image, audio, video) to a Blog, using any type of available network (mobile phone network or Wi-Fi network). MoPress has been tested with WordPress (v2.3.1 or higher) and uses XML-RPC protocol for communication with blog.
- WPhone – WordPress Admin Theme For Mobile
- WordPress.com Gadget
Access your hosted WordPress.com blog admin from your mobile. It’s a very light and speedy version of the admin dashboard, and works well on smart phones like the iPhone, BlackBerry and Treo. On the mobile WordPress.com site you can post, manage comments, see stats, and basically do everything you normally would do.
- Post to Your Blog Using Email
WordPress can be configured to use e-mail to post to a blog. To post to WordPress by e-mail you must set up an e-mail account with POP3 access. Any mail received at this address will be posted. What this means is that you will need a POP3 email client for your mobile device.